Total Pageviews

Apr 10, 2013


Kettle:  An Associative post

  
 This is a special post, since I hereby declare  a lottery:
You can win one of the three jewels, shown below.
All you need in order to take part in the lottery is:

  1. Enlist in my blog.
  2. Answer the question at the end of this post.


Back to the kettle:     



Have you ever tried to write your associations?

This is what I am going to do. Join me in this adventure:























This is the  legendary kettle of my trekking group with whom I have
been trekking for the past 26 years. It serves the tea drinkers,
an amorphic group who is getting bigger at the expense of the coffee
drinker group… 

This kettle leads me to two immediate associations:

It reminds me  the wonderful works of artist Anish Kapoor. 























His Art is so aesthetic; His round shapes are relaxing to the eye and soul.
But except for the aesthetic aspect, Kapoor deals with problems of human
perception, of our ability to see and understand the world around us.
His sculptures are  positioned in open and public spaces,
where the ever changing  surroundings are reflected in them
( people, landscape, weather, sky), and are considered
as intrinsic elements of the works.























My other association is my “boiling” mind.

Of all my ideas, what shall I write today in my blog:






















Shall I write  about my creating process?

About  the making of a certain jewel?

About the artist Douglas Gordon, whose  exhibition  I guide these days
in the Tel-Aviv Museum?
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
Shall I write about my last trek – along the ”Jesus trail” in the Sea of Galilee?

Well,  

I will write about all of these in my next posts!

As for now –

                         I hereby declare the opening  of  a lottery :





Here are three jewels which will be given to the three winners:
















































All you need in order to take part in the lottery is:

  1. Enlist in my blog.
  2. Answer the question in the comments below:
           “What is your association concerning the kettle?”


The lottery will be held on the 21st of April, 2013.
Bye for now,

Vita


1 comment: